Track-Album was designed to be an electronic flight log for paragliding / hanggliding pilots, electronic log book for cyclists/skiers, with GPS handling capabilities. The program for those who like to fly and ride, possibly with GPS, make photos, and don't want these trips are forgotten, and records about them are lost.
Rich statistics is specialy usefull for paragliding/hanggliding pilots. It is calculated instantly by entries in log book that supports track, photos and notes attachments. The program has nice and intuitive interface pleasant to play with.
Track-Album is an easy to use software for working with GPS. Without overcomplicated functions but sufficient for most needs like downloading and viewing colored 3D GPS tracks.
Here are some key features of "Track-Album":
Two types of projects:
· Flight logs for airborne sports and log books for ground sports can be kept in the one program which takes into account differences in characteristics of these two types, what favorably distinguish it from common purpose spread sheets.
Keep records of your flights/rides with or without GPS:
· Tracks can be attached to records, unlike other GPS software where you have to have GPS tracks to keep records. A record has all necessary fields for gathering statistics for the project type. Auto completion feature makes record editing easier. Also you can attach photos and comments to records.
Download tracks and points from a GPS device:
· The most frequent operations with GPS - downloading of tracks and waypoints and uploading of waypoints are implemented. A record can be created easily from a downloaded track, some fields are filled automatically. At the moment Garmin and Magellan GPS devices are supported.
Different tracks and waypoints file formats are supported:
· The program can read the most popular formats: IGC, OZI, TRK, GPX, WPT. Internal format for storing tracks and waypoints is GPX - open standard format.
Analysis of track/subtrack properties:
· Select a part of a track on elevation chart to view in details it's properties: velocity, height difference, rate of climb, glide ratio, slope etc. Convenient feature: no need to click menus - properties are shown as soon as subtrack is selected.
Tracks are colored for better visual perception by different parameters. An original feature here - you can set value range right on legend:
View colored 3D tracks and waypoints on 'Google Earth':
· Google Earth' is the best program for viewing 3D tracks on 3D earth map. Forget pain of finding maps, height data. Also Track-Album converts tracks and waypoints to Google's KML file format. It is possible to color tracks by different parameters and also Animate 3D tracks!
Working with waypoints:
· Standard operations are implemented - creating, editing, downloading/uploading to GPS, storing in different folders.
· It is convenient to create a waypoint using coordinates from 'Google Earth'
· If you ever kept records on a paper you definitely evaluate highly how it is easy now to calculate statistics - the program does it for you!
· Besides statistics available is dependent on project type.
· Program interface can be translated to any language.
· It is always more pleasant to use program in your native language.
· RAM 256?B Minimum
· 4MB Free Disk Space
· Google Earth installed is advisable
· The maximum number of records you may create is 10
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed problems with DEP
· Improved track measurement accuracy and perfomance
· Measurement details window
· Offline registration form
· Changed licensing model