WD SmartWare Software Updater is designed to provide you with the latest version of the backup software you can use with your Western Digital My Book external hard drive.
After the update completes, restart your computer to finalize the update process and start the WD SmartWare software.
On the Backup tab, make your backup category selections, click Apply Changes if required, and click Run Backup to resume automatic continuous backup protection.
· NET Framework 3.5 or higher
· Internet Explorer 7 or higher.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Scheduled backup support. Back up files on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
· Improved and simplified auto update process.
· The ability to upgrade to WD SmartWare Pro version (License fee required) for expanded backup capabilities
· Backup supported on WD Elements drive
· Backup supported on non-WD external USB hard drives
· Back up files to your Dropbox account (Dropbox account required)
· Back up your Dropbox files to an external hard drive (Dropbox account required)