Gramps Portable is a reliable genealogy program that is both intuitive for hobbyists and feature-complete for professional genealogists. Every person has their own story but they are also part of a collective family history.
Gramps Portable gives you the ability to record the many details of an individual’s life as well as the complex relationships between various people, places and events. Gramps Portable is a handy software that can keep all your genealogy research and data organized.
You can access the installer version of the application here.
Here are some key features of "Gramps Portable":
· A dashboard to help you monitor the progress of your research. A variety of widgets provide quick analysis of your data and more.
· A list of every individual in your records featuring birth / death dates and more.
· A summary of the active person’s parents, siblings, spouses and children.
· A list of every family group featuring parent names, relationship status and, if applicable, marriage dates.
· A graphic representation of the active person’s ancestry featuring photos and birth / death dates.
· A list of every event in your records featuring descriptions, event types, dates and places.
· A list of every place in your records featuring place names and location details.
· An interactive map view highlighting places associated with one person, a group of people or all people in your records.
· A list of all sources referenced in your records featuring authors and publication details.
· A list of source repositories referenced in you records featuring web addresses, physical addresses and email contact information.
· A list of all photos, videos and other media referenced in your records featuring thumbnail preview, media type and more.
· A list of all text notes included in your records featuring note type and preview.
· Optional flash drive
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
The important change:
· Problem after upgrading to 3.4.4 from 3.3.1
Other changes are on reports:
· Ability to keep custom filename on output
· Book report: Sub reports forget/overwrite their settings when trying to re-configure them
· End of Line Report options window – changing Output Format cause change active tab to “report options”
· Various updated translations: de, es, fr, nb, nl, pl, sk