Portable Pale Moon 25.0.2
Portable and simple-to-use web browser based on the Firefox engine, that sacrifices some features to increase webpage loading speed
This is the portable edition of Pale Moon, a Firefox-based web browser that focuses on delivering a fast navigational experience. It caters to all types of users, regardless of their level of experience.
Since installation is not a prerequisite, you can drop the program files anywhere on the hard disk and click the executable to run.
It is also possible to move Pale Moon to a USB flash drive or similar storage unit, in order to run it on any computer with minimum effort.
An important aspect to take into account is that Windows Registry does not get new entries, and files are not left behind on the HDD after removing the web browser.
The interface is familiar and easy to work with. The web browser supports multiple tabs and hotkeys similar to Firefox, and allows you to import bookmarks from other sources (e.g. Internet Explorer) if you want to keep all your passwords and list of visited URLs.
Compared to the original model, Pale Moon has some features disabled, thus increasing webpage loading speed. One option not found in Firefox is "Tabs on top", which basically toggles the tabs display either above or below the URL search box. Furthermore, it lets you customize preferences for the status bar (e.g. hide after a specific time, alignment, domain highlighting).
Pale Moon is compatible with all Firefox extensions and themes. Furthermore, you can tweak additional settings by installing the Pale Moon Commander add-on.
The web browser is very fast and uses a regular amount of CPU and RAM. It has a good reaction speed and works smoothly, without causing the OS to hang, crash or pop up error dialogs. All in all, Pale Moon is a nice alternative to Firefox users who prefer speed.
Reviewed by Elena Opris on September 4th, 2013
Also available: Pale Moon
- last updated on:
- October 24th, 2014, 12:30 GMT
- file size:
- 22 MB
- developed by:
- license type:
- Mozilla Public License
- operating system(s):
- Windows Vista / Vista 64 bit / 7 / 7 64 bit / 8 / 8 64 bit / 2003 / 2008
- C: \ Portable Software \ Internet \ Browsers
- download hub:
- Portable Web Browser
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Added a "Firefox compatibility mode" selection in Options -> Advanced.
- This mode is enabled by default (reluctantly so), because too many websites (including some very big players who, themselves, promote an Open Web...) still use very poor browser detection methods based on arbitrary User Agent string comparisons, not catering to alternative browsers, and the resulting user experience being poor (being presented with mobile site layouts, broken pages, or even being flat-out refused service because someone exercises freedom of choice for web browser used). This should alleviate most, if not all, issues with browser-discriminating websites.
Application descriptionPortable Pale Moon is an accessible, portable and custom built version of the Firefox browser.If you need something po...