H2 Database Engine Portable 1.3.176 / 1.4.187 Beta
Add it to your Download Basket!
Add it to your Watch List!
What's new in H2 Database Engine Portable 1.4.187 Beta:
- MVStore: concurrent changes to the same row could result in the exception "The transaction log might be corrupt for key ...". This could only be reproduced with 3 or more threads.
- Results with CLOB or BLOB data are no longer reused.
- References to BLOB and CLOB objects now have a timeout. The configuration setting is LOB_TIMEOUT (default 5 minutes). This should avoid growing the database file if there are many queries that return BLOB or CLOB objects, and the database is not closed for a longer time.
- MVStore: when committing a session that removed LOB values, changes were flushed unnecessarily.
malware send us
- LICENSE TYPE:
- FILE SIZE:
- 7.3 MB
- OUR RATING:
- DEVELOPED BY:
- USER RATING:
- C: \ Portable Software \ Internet \ Servers
A simple workspace providedThe application does not come equipped with its own interface, but rather runs all its features through a web browser. Anything you use can get the job done, so picking a browser is not something to worry about.
What's more, you need to connect to a local server you further use in your project, so take caution when providing the necessary details. The following step throws you directly into action. Most space is taken up by the text field which is where most code writing is done. A few helpful details are displayed to give you a quick start.
Quick access to common commandsIn terms of writing, if you're familiar with standard SQL or JDBC API languages then you have no accommodation problems. Unfortunately, there's no implemented syntax highlighter to further aid. On the other hand, a side panel provides quick access to a handful of commands such as columns, indexes, rights, tables, views and more, you can insert with a single mouse click.
Fast connection with the serverThe maximum numbers of rows can be set using a function located in the upper toolbar where you also manage to find options to execute either the whole script or a selected portion. An auto complete mode is available to ease your work a little. When connected, you can easily commit all data to the server, or choose to disconnect for testing purposes.
To end with
All things considered, H2 Database Engine Portable might not seem like an advanced database utility, but it can come in handy, especially if you're on the move. It can easily be kept on a removable storage device, giving you the possibility to work from anywhere you are as long as you have Internet access and a web browser at hand.
H2 Database Engine Portable was reviewed by Mircea Dragomir, last updated on April 11th, 2015
Also available: H2 Database Engine
Runs on: Windows All