MP3Resizer Portable is a handy utility that assists users in optimizing the capacity of their portable music players by compressing MP3 files.
This is especially useful when listening to MP3 files or MP3 Audio books on a mobile phone, MP3 player, Pocket PC, etc.
Portable MP3 players don't usually have much memory, and of course, it's a shame to waste precious megabytes. It's hard to refuse temptation to upload more music than possible.
For example, a 5-minute 256kbit MP3 file will occupy approximately 9.15Mb. By recompressing this file to 80kbit, the file size is dramatically reduced to 2.86Mb.
You will be able to reduce the output file size to more than three times compared to the source file size. Using MP3Resizer Portable, you can upload three times more music to your MP3 player than before.
Please note, the reduction in size is achieved by recompressing the file with a lower bit rate. This may cause a slight degradation in audio quality.
Here are some key features of "MP3Resizer Portable":
· Support of MPEG 1/2/2.5 Layer 1/2/3 input files (VBR MP3 are supported also)
· Support of MPEG 1/2/2.5 Layer 3 output files
· Reading and writing of ID3v1.1 and ID3v2 tags (copying tag from input to output file)
· Estimation of overall/elapsed time
· Intel Pentium or Celeron processor, AMD K5/K6
· 32 Mb of memory (RAM)
· At least 3 Mb of free hard disk space
· VGA videocard
· Keyboard and mouse or other pointing device
· 30 days trial
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added: 8, 16, 24 kbit/s support.
· Improved/changed: New look of size-meters.