Softpedia Editor's Review for Portable 1by1
Fast and handy audio player which lets you handle your audio collection
Written by Elena Opris on May 17th, 2013
This is the portable edition of 1by1 - a simple-to-use program that manages you music collection. It targets all types of users, whether they are beginners or advanced.
Since installation is not a prerequisite, you can simply drop the program files anywhere on the hard drive and run the executable immediately.
Alternatively, you can save 1by1 to a USB flash drive or similar storage device, and run it on any computer. This way, you can carry the app in your pocket whenever you're on the move.
What should be mentioned is that the Windows Registry does not get new updates, and files are not left behind on the hard drive after removing the app.
The interface of 1by1 is clean and intuitive. Thanks to the Explorer-based folder structure, you can effortlessly navigate directories on your computer.
So, you can listen to sound files in a built-in audio player, create playlists and a favorites list, view file information, find CUE sheets, adjust the volume level, as well as search a directory or list forward or backward.
In addition, you can enable repeat or shuffle mode, switch to compact viewing mode, toggle the tree view, go to the first track, as well as navigate back and forth within a song by moving a slider.
A bunch of configuration settings are available for this app. For instance, you can select the output device, apply a fade effect, adjust an equalizer, customize the toolbar buttons and the list style (e.g. font, colors), show cover art, as well as enable logging mode.
1by1 is very low-demanding when it comes to the CPU and system memory, so it doesn't interfere with the runtime of other active processes. It has a good response time and works smoothly, without making the operating system hang, crash or pop up error dialogs. Thanks to its intuitive layout yet rich customization preferences, 1by1 should please the entire audience.
Portable 1by1 description
Here are some key features of "Portable 1by1":
· Directory Player: directly plays your folder contents
· Full Resume play: remembers last track and position
· Supported decoders: ACM (mp3), mpglib (mp2, mp3)
· Winamp 2.x input plugin support (ogg, wav, cd..)
· Gapless play · simple crossfading · Audio enhancer
· Folder tree file navigation · Directory finder: plays a whole drive
· File utils: copy, move, rename while play, delete, date change
· Cue sheet support · Playlist support · Favorites
· Folder compare utility · Rename tool · Big title display
· 200 MHz CPU
· mp3 ACM codec (present in XP/Vista) or mpglib.dll
· Optional: input plugins
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· All main functions changed to Unicode (excepted plugins)
· 1.73 file list hilite bug fixed (1.74)
· Delete all favorites function (1.74)
· Overlap on manual track start
· Ignore field for file finder
· Log file export (CSV/tab)
· Forced local ini usage by optional tag file
· Big view and RSS reader improvements
· Finding ID3v2 pictures with Unicode names
· Some more corrections and improvements