Portable FreeCAD description
A very useful 3D CAD modeler
Portable FreeCAD is the portable version of FreeCAD developed to be able to run from a USB flash drive or any other portable device.
FreeCAD is a handy, easy to use application designed to offer you a general purpose 3D CAD / MCAD / CAx / CAE / PLM modeler, aimed directly at mechanical engineering and product design.
This software however also fits in a wider range of uses around engineering, such as architecture or other engineering specialties.
It is a feature-based parametric modeler with a modular software architecture which makes it easy to provide additional functionality without modifying the core system.
The standalone version of the software can be found here.
Here are some key features of "Portable FreeCAD":
· A complete OpenCasCade-based geometry kernel allowing complex 3D operations on complex shape types, and supports natively concepts like brep, nurbs, booleans operations or fillets
· A modular architecture that allow plugins (modules) to add functionality to the core application. Those extensions can be as complex as whole new applications or as simple as python scripts or self-recorded macros
· A full parametric model allowing any type of parameter-driven custom objects, that can even be fully programmed in python
· Complete access from python built-in interpreter, macros or external scripts to almost any part of FreeCAD, being geometry creation and transformation, the 2D or 3D representation of that geometry (scenegraph) or even the FreeCAD interface
· Import/export to standard formats such as STEP, IGES, OBJ, DXF, SVG, U3D or STL