Softpedia Editor's Review for Portable FastStone MaxView
A tiny, very fast and innovative image viewer that supports all major graphic formats
Written by Elena Opris on May 28th, 2012
This is the portable version of FastStone MaxView, a program that you can use to make some adjustments to your image files.
Since installation is not required, you can place Portable FastStone MaxView on a removable drive, plug it into any computer and directly run its executable file. Plus, there will be no changes made to your Windows registry entries.
The interface of the tool is clean and intuitive. You can import pictures from file or folder by using either the file browser or the "drag and drop" method.
So, you can switch to full screen mode, create a slideshow, zoom in and out, view a histogram and set a picture as wallpaper.
Additionally, you can rotate, flip, resize and crop photographs, adjust the lighting and colors, as well as apply several filters (e.g. sharpen, blur, oil painting, sketch, negative, sepia, grayscale).
On top of that, you can use basic graphic editing tools, such as selection, text, line, pencil, rectangle, ellipse and watermark image, along with the undo and redo functions.
In "Settings" you can change the full screen background and filename text color, set the tool to automatically set the image size, configure mouse wheel shortcuts and deletion method (e.g. Recycle Bin with confirmation), enable smooth rendering, set the magnifier zoom ratio, size and shape, adjust the JPEG quality, make file associations, add music for the slideshow, and much more.
The program takes up a moderate-to-high amount of system resources, includes a very short and inconclusive help file, has a very good response time and didn't freeze or crash during our tests. All in all, Portable FastStone MaxView is a pretty good application for viewing and editing images. We recommend it to all users, especially to the ones who prefer a straightforward software.
Portable FastStone MaxView description
Here are some key features of "Portable FastStone MaxView":
· Borderless window, auto hidden menus and toolbars that give a very clean look to the images and make the best use of screen space
· Full screen viewer with Select - Zoom support
· Crystal clear and customizable magnifier
· Navigator for quick panning/scrolling of large images
· View detailed image information including EXIF metadata
· Slideshow with 150+ transitional effects and MP3/WAV/MIDI/WMA background music support
· Lossless JPEG rotation
· Single hotkey press to call external programs
· Many hotkeys for image navigation and manipulation (copy/move/delete/rename/rotate)
· Rich options/settings for personal preference
· Undo, Redo and Mouse Wheel support
· Common image formats support, including loading of JPEG, JPEG2000, GIF, BMP, PNG, PCX, TIFF, WMF, ICO, CUR, TGA and saving to JPEG, JPEG2000, TIFF, GIF, PCX, BMP, PNG, TGA
· Digital camera RAW formats support, including CRW, CR2, NEF, PEF, RAF, MRW, ORF and DNG
· Drag and drop
· 30 days trial
| ||Softpedia guarantees that Portable FastStone MaxView 2.5 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |