Softpedia Editor's Review for Portable eToolz
Ping IP addresses with ease
Written by Gabriela Vatu on February 12th, 2013
Portable eToolz is a program that comes with various networking features, including Ping, TraceRout and Whois. These should be quite easy to use by all users, thanks to the app’s intuitive interface.
As mentioned, the tool can be used for various tasks that can be accessed straight from the main frame. Thus, you may look for domain names, host names and IP addresses. The app provides full details regarding the query. For instance, if you searched for a certain web site, it lets you know the IP address, host and domain name and the country it is localized in.
Also, the program can ping certain IP addresses in order to determine the connection latency. Portable eToolz can send as many packages as you want. Furthermore, their size, pause between packages and timeout length can be modified from the interface.
Additionally, the app can be used to trace the connections required to reach a certain hostname or IP address. The Whois feature helps you find out extensive details regarding a certain website, such as the server name, registrar and URL of all the connected sites.
The mail checker allows you to analyze various email accounts for new messages, verify the time on various servers around the world and calculate the time difference between these and your local time.
Further details can be modified for all these features from the app’s Settings area. Since the program is portable, it can be launched from all types of removable devices, such as flash drives.
The bottom line is that Portable eToolz is a nice program that can help you perform a wide range of network-related activities. Inexperienced individuals should find it quite easy to use, thanks to the app’s intuitive interface.
Portable eToolz description
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· In the Host information now already coded specified Umlautdomains be decoded Show (with umlauts).
· Email header analyzer: EML files or text files with a mail headers can now be dragged and dropped into the text box.
· A French language file was added.
· A Norwegian language file was added.
· A Swedish language file was added.
· In multiline input fields (header analyzer, and MultiPing Multirank) contents of text files using the context menu can be inserted.
· The default language was changed from German to English. This also applies to missing translations in other languages.
· The WHOIS database was updated.