Zim brings the concept of a wiki to your desktop. Store information, link pages and edit with WYSISYG markup. Creating a new page is as easy as linking to a non-existing page. Pages are stored in a folder structure, like in an outliner, and can have attachments.
This tool can be used to keep track of TODO lists or ideas, to take notes during a meeting or to draft any other kind of text (blog entries, important mails, etc.).
Zim handles several types of markup, like headings, bullet lists and of course bold, italic and highlighted. This markup is saved as wiki text so you can easily edit it with other editors. Because of the autosave feature you can switch between pages and follow links while editing without worries.
Portable Zim is a useful and reliable text editor used to maintain and organize a collection of Wiki pages.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· In this release the required python version is changed from 2.5 to 2.6 !
· Added a Recent Changes dialog and a Recent Changes pathbar option
· Added search entry to toolbar
· Added function to attachment browser plugin to zoom icon size
· Added new template by Robert Welch
· Critical bug fix for using templates that have a resources folder
· Fix for week number in Journal plugin page template (again)
· Fix for focus switching with distraction free editing plugin
· Fix for handling BOM character at start of file
· Fixed quicknote dialog to ask for confirmation on discard
· Fix to allow calling executables that do not end in .exe on windows
· Fix for various typos in the manual
· Removed custom zim.www.Server class in favor of standard library version
· New translations for Korean and Norwegian Bokmal