BoxCryptor is a cryptographic virtual harddisk that encrypts all data on-the-fly using the AES-256 standard. Encrypted data is stored in an arbitrary directory of your choice, e.g. one that is synced to the cloud like your Dropbox folder.
In addition, this application deals with individual files rather than container files. That means no need to resize volumes and no problems to synchronize or backup individual files!
· .NET Framework 2.0
· Encrypted directory can have up to 2 GB
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improved stabitility (a few users experienced BSOD which has been resolved)
· Improved speed up to 200% through AES hardware acceleration (up to 50MB/sec instead of 15MB/sec)
· Improved compatibility with other programs (e.g. portable software)
· Network/Internet access for portable programs executed on the BoxCryptor drive (Hello FirefoxPortable and others!)
· Programs on the BoxCryptor drive can run as administrator
· Windows Search support (the BoxCryptor drive can now be indexed by Windows search for a better search experience)
· Windows File sharing support (folders in the BoxCryptor drive can now be shared over the network)