Portable ScanFS is a lightweight application that will enable you to quickly browse for your files. It can perform in-depth searches an can be integrated in Windows Explorer.
Just take Portable ScanFS for a spin to see how useful it can be when you want to locate a specific document in the shortest time!
The application is the portable version of ScanFS.
Free for home users only.
Here are some key features of "Portable ScanFS":
· Search in single directories or directory groups
· Search and replace in multiple files
· Supports simple or regular expressions for filenames and file contents
· Live preview of file contents, without the need to rescan the file system
· Live preview of images
· Windows Explorer integration (by clicking the search button, or pressing F3)
· Search using multiple file patterns
· Save/Load search criteria
· Full unicode support (filenames, file contents, search results, search and replace)
· Refine search mode (search within catalogs or existing results)
· Copy/Move/Delete/Rename files and/or directories
· Drag-drop support, e.g. drop files in explorer windows
· Can be used as a visual replacement for the command-line grep command
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· addition: "Send to" any folder
· improvement: 'shell open' multiple files. 'edit' multiple files
· update: removed WinXP scanFSshellExt.dll
· update: delete files -> disabled shell confirmation (using scanfs confirmation)
· update: installer updates