Softpedia Editor's Review for Portable System Ninja
A useful tool for finding junk files on your computer and improving system speed
Written by Elena Opris on July 12th, 2012
This is the portable version of System Ninja, an application that you can use to remove junk files from your computer, in order to free up space.
Since installation is not required, you can place Portable System Ninja on a removable drive, plug it into any computer and directly run its executable file. What's more important is the fact that your Windows registry keys will not be changed.
The interface of the program is clean and intuitive. So, Portable System Ninja can look into temporary files, common torrent tags, incompatible files, thumbnail and game cache, folder config files, Internet cookies, cache and history, Windows logs, memory dumps and others.
So, you can scan a folder or an entire drive. Once results are displayed, you can check out the source path, size and type of each junk file. You can either select which pieces you want the program to take care of or let Portable System Ninja delete everything.
Furthermore, you can manage applications which automatically run at system startup, terminate currently running processes and install plugins, create an exclusion list, as well as view information on the operating system, hard drives, processor, logical disks, motherboard, and others.
The simple-to-use program runs on a moderate amount of system resources, supports several languages for the interface, quickly finishes a scan and clean job, and didn't freeze, crash or pop up errors during our tests. All in all, Portable System Ninja is a very good program for removing unnecessary data from your computer and we strongly recommend it to all users.
Portable System Ninja description
Here are some key features of "Portable System Ninja":
Powerful Junk Cleaner:
· System Ninja contains a unique dual cleaning engine. It scans your entire hard drive performing a thorough initial scan, identifying junk based on heuristics. System Ninja then continues to check locations that are known to contain junk based on a number of routines.
Useful Startup Management:
· The integrated startup manager allows you to dictate what can and can’t run when you turn on your computer. It supports Run, RunOnce and Sheduled Tasks files and registry keys. System Ninja contains a database of several hundred common startup items, used to provide information and advice so you know what to remove.
Powerful Process Manager:
· The process manager can forcibly terminate any process running on your computer. It can even remove multiple processes simultaneously.
Turbocharged With CleanSync:
· CleanSync is a new system added in version 2.1 that silently downloads new cleaning routines while System Ninja is running.
· Ninjascript is a scripting language developed to rapidly add new cleaning routines to System Ninja. It can remove registry keys, files, directories and processes, plus identify files by name, extension or MD5 checksum.
Available in multiple languages:
· System Ninja is currently available in English, Dutch, Spanish, French and Brazilian. We’re always looking for new translators!
· .NET Framework 3.5
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Optimized overall application performance.
· Improved detection of Mac OS X temporary files that are superfluous on Windows.
· Added Ukrainian and Finnish translations.
· Updated Russian and Dutch translations.
· Fixed several user interface oddities