Softpedia Editor's Review for Portable NexusFile
Manage all the files found on your computer
Written by Elena Opris on May 22nd, 2012
This is the portable version of NexusFile - a powerful file manager that supports two panes and multiple tabs.
Since installation is not required, you can place Portable NexusFile on a removable drive, plug it into any computer and directly run its executable file. What's more important is the fact that your Windows registry keys will remain intact.
The interface of the file manager is eye-catching and easy to navigate through. So, you can use functions from the Explorer context menu, edit a file, as well as copy or move it to a specific location.
But you can also change a file's attributes, add or edit a comment, compress files or shred and delete them, use an advanced renaming tool, as well as calculate a file's checksum.
In addition, you can create and organize a favorites list, set a work folder, copy full paths, select all files with a specific mask, use a search function, change the interface language and skin, disable dual window mode, change the list style and sort files.
Furthermore, you can connect via FTP, map network drives, jump to documents, music or pictures, fully customize the interface (e.g. folder tree, colors), reconfigure the keyboard shortcuts, set default folder paths (e.g. music, videos, downloads), and others.
The file manager runs on a low-to-moderate amount of system resources, has a very good response time and didn't freeze, crash or pop up errors during our tests. Unfortunately, there is no help file available. But, even so, we strongly recommend Portable NexusFile to all user levels.
Portable NexusFile description
Here are some key features of "Portable NexusFile":
· Basic Functions: Copy/Move To, Copy/Cut/Past, Delete/Shred, Rename, Change Attributes/Time
· Advanced Rename: Rename multiple files at once with many powerful options
· Navigate Folders: Favorite Folders, Working Folders, Tabs, Smart Address Bar
· Archives: manages ZIP, ARJ, RAR, ACE archive files
· Save File List: Save file/folder list with many formats
· Shortcuts: Most functions has a Keyboard shortcut so you can do everything fast.
· Disk Cleanup: Empty Recycle Bin, Delete temporary files etc.
· Compare Folders: compare two folders
· Unicode: Unicode file name supported
· Skin: you can change the look of a program.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed: File time was wrong in archive file
· Fixed: FTP encoding problem fixed
· Fixed: Add to archive caused an error in a single pane mode