Portable WinMerge was developed as an easy-to-use and open source tool that can help you merge and compare folders / files.
Portable WinMerge is a simple software used to determine the differences between project versions.
Furthermore, the program features Unicode support, a syntax coloring editor, Visual SourceSafe integration, and Windows Shell integration. Portable WinMerge can also handle DOS, MAC and UNIX text file formats.
Here are some key features of "Portable WinMerge":
· Difference pane shows current difference in two vertical panes
· Location pane shows map of files compared
· Highlights differences inside lines
· File filters in directory diff
· Moved lines detection in file compare
· Archive file support using 7-zip
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Update PCRE to version 8.10
· Update SCEW to version 1.1.2
· Improve startup time (#2788142)
· Add menu items for selecting automatic or manual prediffing
· Add accelerator keys for Shell context menu
· Add /xq command line switch for closing WinMerge after identical files and not showing message
· Allow setting codepage from command line
· Allow giving encoding name as custom codepage
· Add options GUI for quick compare limit
· Expand/collapse folders from keyboard
· Improve detecting XML files in file compare
· Lots of language updates
· Bugfix: Shell extension uses unquoted program path
· Bugfix: Compare by size always checked file times too
· Bugfix: Crash when pasting from clipboard
· Bugfix: Keeps verifing path even turned off in options
· Bugfix: "+" and "-" from the number block don't work in the editor
· Bugfix: Date format did not respect Regional Settings
· Bugfix: WinMerge contained a vulnerability in handling project files
· Bugfix: WinMerge was vulnerable to DLL hijacking as described in Microsoft Security ...