Portable Appupdater is the portable version of Appupdater developed to be able to run from a USB flash drive or any other portable device.
Portable Appupdater automates the process of installing and maintaining up to date versions of programs. Portable Appupdater is fully customizable for use in a corporate environment.
Portable Appupdater is a simple tool designed to provide advanced functionality to Windows, similar to apt-get or yum on Linux.
Here are some key features of "Portable Appupdater":
· Upgrades can be fully automatic (daily checks), no user intervention required
· Auto-detection of previously installed applications
· Install, Upgrade, or Remove software
· Support for offline use/USB device
· Proxy support
· Support for package installation lists or computer profiles in a corporate environment
· Create your own custom repository if desired (not required)
· Dependency support
· Metalink standard based XML repository files
· Support for use of external Metalink download programs, such as Aria2
· Automatically feedsback installed version information to the server
· Not limited to programs in the registry or with embedded version numbers
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· "Run" command added
· 64 bit repository support added
· Gpg4win version updated to 2.1.1 Beta (Vanilla) - GPG 2.0.19
· Fix for bug ID: 3427249, global name 'sys' is not defined
· Other various bug fixes