AutoIt allows you to build scripts for automating routine tasks. AutoIt is a BASIC-like scripting language designed for automating the Windows GUI and general scripting.
AutoIt is also very small, self-contained and will run on all versions of Windows out-of-the-box with no annoying "runtimes" required.
Here are some key features of "Portable AutoIt":
· Easy to learn BASIC-like syntax
· Simulate keystrokes and mouse movements
· Manipulate windows and processes
· Interact with all standard windows controls
· Scripts can be compiled into standalone executables
· Create Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs)
· COM support
· Regular expressions
· Directly call external DLL and Windows API functions
· Scriptable RunAs functions
· Detailed helpfile and large community-based support forums
· Compatible with Windows 95 / 98 / ME / NT4 / 2000 / XP / 2003 / Vista / 2008
· Unicode and x64 support
· Digitally signed for peace of mind
· Works with Windows Vista's User Account Control (UAC)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed #1515: FileOpen() still opening in exclusive mode in some situations.