IntelliJ IDEA description
The Most Intelligent Java IDE
IntelliJ IDEA lets you code without a hitch. It practices a non-intrusive, intuitive approach to help you write, debug, refactor, test and learn your code.
Thanks to its deep understanding of languages and technologies, IntelliJ IDEA provides a second pair of hands for you when you need them.
Playing the game by your rules without ever getting in your way — that's the key to a productive and pleasant development.
Here are some key features of "IntelliJ IDEA":
· Enterprise technologies support including Java EE, Spring, GWT, Struts, Play, Hibernate, Google App Engine, OSGi and others
· Full array of supported languages, with refactoring capabilities: ActionScript, PHP, Groovy, Scala, Python/Jython, Ruby/JRuby, Clojure
· Deployment and debugging with any of the following application servers: Tomcat, GlassFish, JBoss, Weblogic, WebSphere, Geronimo, Resin, Jetty
· Commercial version control systems support: Perforce, ClearCase, Team Foundation Server, Visual SourceSafe
· Tools for working with large scale Java codebases: dependency analysis and validation, UML class diagrams
· Unique structural search and replace facility based on regular expressions describing structural Java elements
· Easily spot and fix duplicate code fragments. Measure the code coverage for your unit tests
· 1 GB RAM minimum, 2 GB RAM recommended
· 300 MB hard disk space + at least 1 G for caches
· 1024x768 minimum screen resolution
· JDK 1.6 or higher
· 30 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Support for importing the configuration of Android projects from build.gradle and building them through Gradle.
· External annotations (nullability, @MagicConstant) for Android APIs.
· Display of additional information (including drawable image) for drawable, dimension and string resources in the quick documentation view.
· Support for gutter color annotations in Java files, as well as showing icon previews in the gutter of Java and XML files.
· Folding of Android string resources in the Java editor to display the actual string value.
· Support for running Android Lint checks on the fly in Java code.
· Many new Lint checks.
· Initial support for editing RenderScript code.
Layout Editor and Preview:
· Rendering performance improvements.
· Support for multi-configuration layout preview.
· Support for working with fragment resources.
· Improved the UI for choosing device configurations.
· Device frame rendering in the layout preview.
· Double-clicking a component in the layo...