Qwined Technical Editor 12.2.0.059
This simple to use utility enables you to edit source code documents and various other files, then export the projects to multiple formats
As it supports many description languages, hardware and embedded systems design and most of the common configuration file formats, it is a favorite editor for many engineers, technicians, administrators and IT Support professionals.
Using this application you can edit text, search for words and replace them with other ones, then email your project as PDF or ZIP files.
Qwined Technical Editor has all the features you would expect from a modern editor, such as multi-tabbed views, conversions to different file formats (Mac, UNIX, Windows), regular expressions, block editing, full drag and drop, spell checking, email integration, built-in ZIP support, WYSIWYG preview, code folding. save-as in multiple formats (including PDF and RTF), syntax coloring, sessions, template support and much more.
Qwined Technical Editor is highly configurable and integrates with Windows Explorer menu system. It can easily be extended by third parties. Qwined has dynamic multi-language support. This means that the user interface language can be changed 'on-the-fly'. Qwined can be localized virtually in any language. It is already localized for nearly thirty languages covering all the continents.
- Syntax Highlighting:
- Qwined provides customizable syntax styling for nearly 100 programming languages and configuration file formats making it extremely convenient for technical use.
- AutoCompletion and Calltips:
- Qwined monitors your input and recognizes the word or term the user is writing. Qwined offers automatic completion of the word and it can show the syntax or argumentation as a calltip. There are multiple API files provided.
- You can store your frequently used text fragments as "Abbreviations". To use an Abbreviation, type it and use the Expand Abbreviation command or the Ctrl+B key. The Abbreviation is replaced by an expansion defined in the Abbreviations File.
- A Session is a list of File Names. You can save a complete set of your currently opened files as a session for fast batch-loading in the future. Sessions are stored as properties style text files with the extension ".ses".
- Advanced Find and Replace:
- Find phrases from user selected files or recursively from whole directories. Windows Search is integrated and the search results can be dragged and dropped directly to the editor.
- Windows Search Integration:
- Launch Windows Search in the folder of your choice. Drag and Drop the found files into the editor.
- Code Folding:
- Rectangular Selection:
- Rectangular regions of text can be selected by holding down the Alt-key while dragging the mouse over the text. This feature is very useful when editing files with block contents, such as embedded configuration and program files.
- Spell Checker:
- Configurable Spell Checker supports multiple languages and custom dictionaries. US English, Canadian English, British English and Technology dictionaries are provided. Additional languages are available separately.
- WYSIWYG Preview:
- Configurable Preview Window for your HTML code. Supports CSS, embedded scripting and other Web development technologies.
- Email Integration:
- Send your files directly from the editor as normal attachments or as PDF or ZIP attachments.
- Regular Expressions:
- Regular expressions can be used for searching for patterns rather than literals. For example, it is possible to search for variables in Qwined property/option files, which look like $(name) with the regular expression: \$([a-z.]+)
- Editing Multiple Files:
- Qwined may be configured to use between 1 and 100 Buffers each containing a file. The default is 50 and value 1 effectively turns off Buffers.
- Extension Interface:
- It is possible to create enhanced versions of the Qwined Editor, while still receiving all the benefits of new Qwined features. This could be done for an editor designed for a particular environment such as developing games, to incorporate a scripting capability within Qwined or to allow Qwined to be controlled by another process through an IPC mechanism.
- Director Interface:
- Software development does not occur only at the single file level handled by Qwined. A developer will generally work on a group of related files together in the context of one project. Project Manager functionality could be added to Qwined as it has to other editors, but this would impose a particular view of how projects are to be managed including the format of Project Files. Instead, Qwined has an interface that can be used by Project Managers or similar applications to control the product. Any application that controls Qwined is referred to as a "Director".
Qwined Technical Editor
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 12 Release Candidate 1
- Full compatibility with Windows 8.1 (Intel) and Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Lexer added for DMAP language.
- Basic lexer supports multiline comments in FreeBASIC.
- Bash lexer allows '#' inside words.