The best IDE to develop in Ruby
RubyMine is developed as an accessible Ruby and Rails IDE with the full stack of essential developer tools, all tightly integrated into a convenient and smart development environment.
RubyMine is an Integrated Development Environment that provides a comprehensive Ruby code editor. The IDE is aware of dynamic language specifics and delivers smart coding assistance, intelligent code refactoring and code analysis capabilities.
Furthermore, RubyMine allows you to easily configure projects and manage Ruby Gems.
Here are some key features of "RubyMine":
· On-the-fly code analysis throughout the project tree with type inference and quick-fixes
· Rails Models Diagram, Rails Project View and other specialized project/file views for faster overview & navigation
· RSpec, Cucumber, Shoulda, MiniTest & Test::Unit coding assistance and GUI-based test runner
· Cutting-edge Ruby development stack support: Bundler, RVM, etc.
· Zen coding snippets for productive HTML/CSS authoring
· Ruby Debugger: Ruby/Rails applications and tests debugging in a easy-to-use interface even in Windows
· Git, Subversion, Mercurial, Perforce and CVS integration with a unified UI
· Diff, merge, history views and changelists for every supported VCS
· Bundled Textmate, NetBeans, Eclipse & Emacs keyboard schemes, plus Vi/Vim emulation plugin
· 1 GB RAM minimum (2 GB RAM recommended)
· Ruby 1.8.x or higher, or JRuby
· 1024x768 minimum screen resolution
· 30 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· RubyMotion code completion with named arguments not working properly
· Association members are not shown in diagram
· "Gem command" configuration does not store working directory setting
· Error launching Rails server after 4.0.0.pre update
· Code analysis failed with exception: java.lang.NullPointerException: null
· Can't run specs from test root
· Capistrano task fails due to incorrect arguments handling
· Parsing errors in Puppet files
· Trailing semicolon handled incorrectly
· Mixed list of classes and resources handled incorrectly
· Cannot find RSpec runner script - RubyMine 5.4
· Inspect cannot find $PROGRAM_NAME
· NullPointerException during GotoDeclaration