Visual Prolog is a logical programming language that counts PDC Prolog and Turbo Prolog as predecessors. The goal of Visual Prolog is to support industrial strength programming of complex knowledge emphasized problems.
Visual Prolog supports advanced client-server and three-tier solutions and is especially well suited for dealing with complex knowledge. Visual Prolog is a very safe and powerful programming language that combines the very best features of functional, logical and object-oriented programming paradigms in a elegant and consistent way.
NOTE: The Personal Edition is for non-commercial usage only. It creates EXE and DLL files. There is library support for: file system, console, registry, environment variables and GUI programs. The Personal Edition has limited library support compared to the Commercial Edition. With the Commercial Edition you get multi-threading, additional GUI controls, ODBC support, sockets, HTTP and much more. You can get Visual Prolog Commercial Edition here.
Here are some key features of "Visual Prolog":
· Logical programming concepts (backtracking, pattern matching)
· Algebraic data types
· A unique object system
· Unicode support
· Automatic memory management (garbage collection)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Code generation bug leads to wrong calculations for operations like div/2
· If sources had been changed then after the first build break points and stepping can become incorrect
· Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
· It is impossible to switch to form properties from dropdown selector
· Exception "Cannot create or open the specified file" when calling an external tool
· Exception "There is no active window in the system" in fedit.pro
· It's impossible to close IDE when Auto Save Editor on close option is turned on and edited file is deleted outside the IDE
· VPI strategy *.win files are opened wrongly
· *.win file becomes modified right after opening in the Box Editor
· 256x256 icons are not supported
· Problem in the mouse move handling can lead to errors like "Native call failed" exception in treeview_api
· Predicate multiMedia_native::playSound/3-> is declared with incorrect link name
· Setup spoils system registry suc