Softpedia Editor's Review for Microsoft Visual Studio Ultimate
Break through your software development challenges
Written by Mihaela Citea on June 1st, 2012
Designed especially for advanced programmers and for creating professional applications, Microsoft Visual Studio Ultimate is everything you can ask for from an integrated development environment.
The Ultimate edition of Visual Studio integrates all the features of the Professional and Express editions and more, providing web, software and game developers with a complete set of professional tools to work with.
Due to its complexity, this program is definitely not recommended for rookies. Nevertheless, advanced programmers surely find its powerful tools useful for simplifying the development process. From design to deployment, you can use its features to code, compile, debug and test the applications you create.
Once you make your pick, the application wizard can help you configure its structure and appearance, guiding you through the development process.
The program is packed with thorough testing tools (such as web performance, load and case tests), database deployment, architecture and modeling features, as well as virtual and checkpoint environment creation.
IntelliTrace enhances the debugging experience, by allowing you to reproduce the detected bugs in your code. Static code analysis and profiling are other features that enable you to deliver quality code, while the integrated lifecycle management tools help with organizing your project in order to obtain high-quality results with low costs.
This complex software is bundled with a wide range of developer and testing features that require extra system resources, so don't be surprised if it heavily uses your CPU and memory.
Microsoft Visual Studio Ultimate provides users with multi-platform support in a single IDE. Bringing a variety of features, it is in the upper echelon of suites designed for developing and deploying professional applications.
Microsoft Visual Studio Ultimate description
Here are some key features of "Microsoft Visual Studio Ultimate":
· Set your ideas free
· Create what you can imagine, build on the strengths of your team, and open up new possibilities.
· New prototyping, modeling, and visual design tools enable you to create innovative applications for Windows and the Web
· Create a shared vision as a foundation for creativity with SketchFlow ,in Microsoft Expression Studio , and Team Foundation Server
· Take advantage of new opportunities & capabilities offered by multi-core programming and cloud development tools
· Simplicity through integration
· A single integrated development environment that takes your skills further and adjusts to the way you work
· Complete all your coding, modeling, testing, debugging, and deployment work without leaving the Visual Studio 2010 environment
· Use existing standards and skills to target a growing number of application types including Microsoft SharePoint and Windows Azure
· Work your way through multi-monitor support, partner extensions, and a new editor.
· Quality tools help ensure quality results
· Powerful testing tools with proactive project management features help you build the right app the right way.
· Use the new IntelliTrace debugger to isolate the point of failure within a recorded application history.
· Stay ahead of the curve with proactive project management tools including new reports, dashboards, and planning worksheets.
· Know that you’ve built the right application the right way with manual and automated testing tools.
· Computer that has a 1.6GHz or faster processor
· RAM: 1 GB RAM for x86; 2 GB RAM for x64; An additional 512 MB RAM if running in a Virtual Machine
· 10GB of available hard disk space
· 5400 RPM hard disk drive
· DirectX 9-capable video card that runs at 1024 x 768 or higher display resolution
· DVD-ROM Drive
· The trial period lasts for 30 days with the option to register the software for an additional 60 days.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
A new look and feel:
· From the moment you open the IDE, you'll notice things are different. The entire interface has been redesigned to streamline workflows and provide easy access to the tools you use every day. Tool bars are simplified, tab clutter reduced, and you now have new, fast ways to find code. All of this should make it easier to navigate your application and work the way you like.
Ready for Win8:
· With the release of Windows 8, things have changed dramatically. Visual Studio 2012 delivers new templates, designers, and testing and debugging tools—everything you need to build addictive applications in as little time as possible. At the same time, Blend for Visual Studio gives you a visual toolkit for taking full advantage of the new (and beautiful) Windows 8 interface.
· But maybe the best part of all is what you can do after you've created your application. In the old days, it wasn't always easy to get great products in front of the customers who needed them. Now you hav...
| ||Softpedia guarantees that Microsoft Visual Studio Ultimate 2012 11.0.50727.1 / 2010 10.0.30319.1 Final is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |