The Visual Studio 2008 Rhythm Training VPC contains a pre-configured installation of Windows Vista, Visual Studio 2008 Team Suite, and the Visual Studio 2008 Training Kit.
The training kit includes 28 presentations, 20 hands-on-labs and 20 scripted demos for technologies such as LINQ, Visual Basic 9, C# 3.0, WPF, WCF, WF, VSTO, ASP.NET Ajax, the .NET Compact Framework and much more.
The training kit is installed in the C:VS2008TrainingKit directory in the Virtual Machine image.
NOTE: This VPC images will expire on December 16, 2007.
This virtual machine does not have anti-virus installed. It should not be connected to a public network. In addition, the operating system and programs installed were patched with all updates as of November 18, 2007. If you use the included VMC configuration files, you will find networking is not enabled.
This virtual machine has a time limit. The virtual machine will stop working and require activation on December 16, 2007.
This virtual machine is running Windows Vista Business edition, Office 2007 Enterprise, and Visual Studio 2008 Team Suite (90-day trial).
Once you have started the Virtual Machine Image, you will need to login to the virtual machine in order to use Visual Studio 2008 or the Visual Studio 2008 Training Kit. To login to the VPC, use the following username and password:
· Download and install Virtual PC 2007 (recommended), Virtual PC 2004 SP1, or Virtual Server 2005 R2 SP1.
· Click the Download button on this page to download all parts of the Visual Studio 2008 Rhythm Training VPC. The first part is a self-extracting EXE and will prompt for the other parts.
· Click on the self extracting Visual Studio 2008 Rhythm Training VPC - Vista.part01.exe to extract the files to the same folder. You will need to read and accept the EULA before extraction proceeds.
· Launch the Virtual PC Console using Start|Programs|Microsoft Virtual PC.
· Click the New button to launch the "New Virtual Machine Wizard".
· Navigate to the Options page and select "Add An existing Virtual Machine" radio button.
· Click the Browse button and navigate to the location you extracted the files to and select Vista - VS2008 Rhythm Training.vmc image.
· On the Virtual PC Console windows, select the new image entry, Vista - VS2008 Rhythm Training, and click Start.
· To logon to the machine, click on Action Menu (Shortcut: Right Alt+Del) on the VPC console and use the following credential with English (US) keyboard setting: Logon: admin / Password: Pass@word1
· Required Software: Virtual PC 2007 (recommended) or Virtual Server 2005 R2 SP1. NOTE: Virtual PC 2007 is required to run the VPC on Windows Vista
· Hard Drive Space: This VHD is pre-configured to use approximately 15GB of hard drive space.
· RAM: 1.5 GB of available physical RAM. The amount of physical RAM depends on what applications are running on the virtual machine. You can use the Task Manager to identify how much physical RAM is available on your machine. Running applications other than VirtualPC will consume available physical RAM.