AWS SDK for Android was designed as an open source library that can help you develop Android applications that leverage AWS.
The SDK helps users remove the development complexity by providing Java APIs for many AWS services including Amazon S3, Amazon SQS, Amazon SNS, and DynamoDB.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Amazon DynamoDB: Local Secondary Indexes - Added support for local secondary indexes (LSI) in Amazon DynamoDB. LSI enables some query types to run more quickly, that would otherwise require retrieving all items in a hash key and then filtering for specific attribute values. For more information see Amazon DynamoDB and the Amazon DynamoDB Developer Guide.
· The new DynamoDB API version (2012-08-10) is available in the package com.amazonaws.services.dynamodbv2. The previous version (2011-12-05) is still supported but is marked as deprecated.
· S3 Presigned URL - A problem of how S3 client handles slashes in object key when calculating presigned URL. This has been corrected.
· Broken Links in Javadoc - A problem where links in Javadoc appear to be broken. This has been fixed.
· Trailing Commas in Model Class toString() - Unnecessary trailing commas in model class toString() methods have been removed so that the toString() output is more readable.