Active Query Builder VCL Free Edition description
Component suite for Borland Delphi and C++ Builder
Active Query Builder VCL Edition is a visual query builder component suite for Borland Delphi and C++ Builder that allows your end-users to build SQL queries with unions and subqueries via an intuitive visual interface.
Active Query Builder VCL Edition is a useful utility that allows you to produce and analyze complex SQL queries.
Active Delphi Query Builder (VCL Edition) supports the following development environments: Borland Delphi 6-7, Borland C++ Builder 6, BDS 2005-2010 and XE.
Here are some key features of "Active Query Builder VCL Free Edition":
· Completely visual building of complex SQL queries.
· The unique features of Active SQL Query Builder such as the ability to build queries with unions and subqueries make it the best solution for professional developers. Each union and sub-query has its own working area where it could be built visually as easy a single query.
· MS Access style and SQL Server style visual query building interface.
· The interface of Active SQL Query Builder for Delphi is similar to either MS-Access or SQL Server visual query construction interface, but is much more powerful compared to other similar components. Active SQL Query Builder allows you to tune all parameters of each single part of a query with the dialog window.
· User-friendly interface with drag & drop support.
· Working with Active SQL Query Builder you can access each union and subquery in one-touch; complex queries can be navigated easily with the tree pane. Columns pane allows you to define grouping, sorting, and constructing criteria in a simple and direct way.
· The component gives an opportunity to set most frequently used query properties visually, such as DISTICT, TOP (LIMIT), etc.
· Powerful means of working with parameters.
· One of the most exciting features of Active Query Builder is ability to retrieve various information about parsed query like lists of tables and fields used in the query. Working with parameters in Active Query Builder, you may know their names and data types, and discover to what database objects and fields they are related to.
· Working in offline mode, storing metadata in XML files.
· In many cases, direct connection to the database is undesirable or even impossible from the point of view of security or performance, for example in the ASP.NET environment. In this case, the most convenient solution would be to work with Active Query Builder in offline mode, loading metadata information from a previously saved XML file. It also makes loading metadata almost instant regardless of the number of objects being loaded.
· Delicate handling of user queries.
· We care about keeping user queries in the same form as they entered in the SQL query text. None of conditions and options will be lost after query parsing because we understand how important they could be in result.
· Restricting access to unwanted objects
· You might want to deny access to certain fields and tables to meet the safety requirements or get rid a user of needless parts of your database structure. Using the Active Query Builder, you can do it easily. Building a query via a visual interface, you can except undesirable objects and fields of your DB. You can also check your queries on the presence of unwanted objects before their execution.
· Designing user-friendly query building environment
· The latest version of our component allows you to substitute the user-friendly aliases for unintelligible names of your DB tables and fields. Though, your end-users can still build SQL scripts by hand: all the aliases used in query text will be automatically replaced with the real names in the resultant query.
· Full support of Oracle, SQL Server, MS Access, MySQL, PostgreSQL, InterBase, Firebird, IBM DB2, Informix, Sybase, SQLite and ANSI SQL/92, 89 and 2003 dialects SQL syntax.
· By claiming full support of these SQL dialects, we mean the possibility of a parsing of almost any valid SQL query for the given database server and keeping of every single clause during a query modification process without any losses. Generated from the improved CoCo/R Compiler Generator, Active SQL Parser with full Unicode support correctly handles multiple nested joins and other fine points found in some SQL dialects.
· Using Active Query Builder you can determine the currently used database server automatically, in case it cannot be defined in advance.
· SQL Formatter.
· Using the Active SQL Query Builder you can customize SQL code the way you like it. There are a lot of properties that can be used to customize the resulting SQL query representation, specifying when to move to the next line, to increase the indent, to wrap a line.
· Now it is possible to localize Active Query Builder completely and to switch between available languages in run-time.
· Active Query Builder is a special component.
· It wasn't created for some internal needs, it was made to meet customer needs. This component was made by a team of enthusiast programmers to express their vision of the visual query building. All your comments and suggestions will be taken into consideration because we really want to make it the best tool possible.
· Borland Delphi 5, 6, 7, 2005 or C++ Builder 5, 6
· the Free Edition is limited in functionality: only the ANSI-92 SQL dialect parser is included.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Greek translation is added.
· The new "Add Union Sub-query" button is added to the Union navigation bar.
· The new button is added to each datasource to collapse/expand it's field list.
· NexusDB3 connectivity package is updated to refer to the latest version.