.NET library to write / read / modify / sign / linearize (fast-web-view) / optimize PDF.
Bytescout.PDF is a .NET library that you can use when you want to write, modify, sign, fill, optimize PDF documents from .NET programming languages ASP.NET, Visual Basic.NET, C#.
- Full set of methods and properties (Bytescout.PDF namespace) to create documents (completely new documents or using existing PDF documents) with ability to draw on the page of existing PDF document
- Font embedding (Type1, TrueType) including Unicode support
- PNG, JPEG, TIFF, JBIG2, CCITT Fax images and image compression modes support
- Linearization support (PDF documents web optimization - documents are loaded faster)
- PDF optimization support (internal structure of the document is optimized to reduce file size)
- Security options (document permissions) and 40 bit, 128 bit and 128 AES encryption support
- Digital signature support (see sample) including signing of existing documents
- Threads and beads support
- Built-in EMF to PDF conversion engine including support for EMF images produced by virtual EMF printers
- 40 bits, 128 bits, 128 bits AES security options, password protection options (demo)
- Ability to handle produced PDF document in memory without need for temporary files and provide on-the-fly generation directly into memory stream(requires additional Web License)
- Ability to split, merge, extract pages from PDF document and append to an another document using pages manager class
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- problem with images in visual signature fixed
- GetTextWidth() was returning incorrect values, fixed
- SetThumbnail(ImageIndex) added so you can set thumbnail for a page to a different image (works for Adobe Reader 8 and lower)
- new function AcroForm.RenameControl( String OldName, String NewName ) that can be used to rename the control