A high-level scientific data plotting library
DISLIN is a high level library of subroutines and functions that display data graphically. It is intended to be a powerful and easy to use software package for programmers and scientists that does not require knowledge of hardware features.
The software is available for the programming languages C, Fortran 77 and Fortran 90/95. In addition, you will have the possibility to customize it for Java and C/C++, according ot your necessities.
DISLIN can display graphic information directly on graphic terminals or store them in metafiles. The supported display types are VGA, X Windows, Windows API and Tektronix. The supported file formats are GKSLIN, CGM, HPGL, PostScript, PDF, WMF, SVG, PNG, BMP, GIF and TIFF.
DISLIN metafiles can either be printed on various devices using the DISLIN driver program DISDRV or imported into third party products such as TeX and MS Word.
NOTE: DISLIN is free for non-commercial use.
Here are some key features of "DISLIN":
· 9 software fonts where each font provides 6 alphabets. PostScript fonts for PostScript, PDF and SVG output, X11 fonts for X terminals and TrueType fonts for Windows displays and WMF files can also be used.The different aphabets contain Roman, Greek, Russian, mathematical and special European characters. TeX instructions can be used for plotting mathematical formulas.
· Plotting of two- and three-dimensional axis systems. Axes can be linearly or logarithmically scaled and labeled with linear, logarithmic, time, date, map and user-defined formats.
· Plotting of curves. Several curves can appear in one axis system and can be differentiated by colour, line style and pattern. Multiple axis system can be displayed on a page.
· Plotting of legends.
· Elementary plot routines for lines, vectors and outlined or filled regions such as rectangles, circles, arcs, ellipses and polygons.
· Shielded regions can be defined.
· Business graphics.
· 3-D colour graphics.
· 3-D graphics.
· Elementary image routines.
· Geographical projections and plotting of maps.
· Graphical user interface (GUI) routines based on Motif and Windows API functions.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Additional widget features, bug fixes