Imagero is a useful and reliable Java library designed to help users to read image files. Imagero works with high performance and is able to read embedded images from EPS, EPSI or EPSF.
Also, it can read various formats such as BMP, JPEG, TIFF and PNG. With Imagero you can apply water effects on your files.
Here are some key features of "Imagero":
· Read thumbnails
· Read/edit metadata any metadata contained in ImageResourceBlock ( PSD, JPEG, TIFF) and ImageFileDirectrory entry ( TIFF, NEF, DNG, DCR) can be edited
· Full control over JPEG metadata
· Get image width and height
· Get number of images, contained in file
· Define an area to read
· Add a Progress Listener
· Estimate JPEG compression/quality
· Read an image channel
· Set a scale factor
· Set subsampling (JPEG only)
· Read an image (or channel) directly into an array
· Easy IPTC handling with IPTCParser and IPTCEditor
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added new methods to TiffUtils for inserting/removing IFDEntry and creating IFDEntry with IPTC data.
· Added two utility classes for creating/adding EXIF and GPS data to TIFF images.
· Fixed important bug in XMPApp1 (wrong field length).
· Read thumbnails (%AI7_Thumbnail) from Illustrator AI and EPS files is possible.
· EPS parser was partially rewritten and made more generic. Implemented disc based image caching.