JTwain was developed as an accessible and useful Java Twain implementation that allows you to easily access and control digital cameras / scanners directly from Java.
JTwain is a flexible package that can be used in any Java standalone program or web app. All the images you acquire can be saved and uploaded to the webserver you want.
Here are some key features of "JTwain":
Simple Yet Powerful Image Acquisition:
· JTwain provides you a set of clean and simple APIs to access, control digital cameras and scanners. In its simplest case, one line of Java code can do the job. Image acquisition parameters can be set in an elegant way.
Optional UI components - Java Image Acquisition UI Components:
· JTwain + Java Image Acquisition UI Components provide complete image acquisition solutions.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New partial scan (region scan) methods
· More flexible image acquisition
· Easy deployment with detailed deployment guide
· Now you can store scanned images into TIFF or PDF files.