The Lazarus IDE application was designed to be a stable and feature rich visual programming environment for the FreePascal Compiler.
It supports the creation of self-standing graphical and console applications.
Free Pascal is designed to be able to understand and compile Delphi syntax, which is of course OOP.
Lazarus is the part of the missing puzzle that will allow you to develop Delphi like programs in all of the above platforms.
Since the exact same compiler is available on all of the above platforms it means you don't need to do any recoding to produce identical products for different platforms.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fix coordinate calculation in Pixels and Colors properties of TAggFPImage
· Fix TLazIntfImage descriptor for 32-bit pixel format
· codetools fixed parsing #0, bug 
· Debugger Fixed range-check on linux. Issue  Patch by C Western
· Designer Use a record of signed SmallInts to prevent range check errors. Still about issue 
· Gtk2 Gtk2WSCustomPanel respect TCustomPanel.Visible property when creating handle. issue 
· IDE prevent debugger from entering invalid state, if started again before completely stopped. For info see issue 
· IDE fixed restoring designed form when HideIDEWindowsOnRun = true. issue 
· IDE register HTML help for LCL
· IDE: SourceEdit fixed word (word from text, not identifier) completion
· Installer, Win strip lhelp.exe
· Installer, Win fixed typo
· LazReport Band.name patch from Giuliano Colla
· LCL, dbgrids checks for keydown while dataset is inactive, issue 
· LCL, grids+gtk2 when pressing somekeys like shift introduces '?' in cell, relaed to...