Map Suite Desktop Edition was created as a powerful and feature-rich .NET mapping software that allows C+ and VB.NET developers to build detailed desktop mapping apps.
The APIs for Map Suite Desktop Edition incorporate the latest technology in order to deliver a powerful, user-friendly mapping control.
In addition, the streamlined interfaces help to make your desktop spatial applications fast and easy.
Map Suite Desktop Edition is based on the idea that spatial and mapping applications should be easy to develop regardless of a developer's GIS background.
The software cuts through all the cryptic APIs and confusing terminology, which is normally associated with building spatial and mapping applications.
This offers the non-GIS developer the right tools to build first class spatial and mapping applications.
Here are some key features of "Map Suite Desktop Edition":
· Custom data plotting
· Shapefile (.shp) data support
· Spatial and distance querying
· SQL querying from Shapefiles
· Custom rendering, direct map drawing
· Complete library of geographic and decimal degree functions
· Minimum 400 MHz processor
· Minimum 256 MB RAM
· Visual Studio 2010, 2008 or 2005
· .NET Framework 3.5 or higher
· 60 days trial