The purpose of the OpenWire project is to introduce unified easy way to transfer data among different VCL/CLX components. This is very similar to the way the products as LabView and HP VEE work. As example to have a sine wave generator which streams out to a chart and to a filter, and then the filter streams into another chart and a file logger, as well as to a serial communication sending the data to another system.
OpenWire uses streams in order to transfer the data. Each stream is a connection between one output and one or multiple inputs.
· Each component can have one or more inputs and/or outputs.
· Each Input or Output is called Pin. I.E. there are IputPins and OutputPins.
· Each OutputPin can stream specific format data to compatible format InputPins.
· Each type of data has its own data specification.
OpenWire offers yot a free open source library for writing advanced VCL components.
· Delphi, C++ Builder, or Lazarus/Free Pascal
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added support for Delphi / C++ Builder / RAD Studio XE4
· Now uses the latest language features in Delphi such as generics, and anonymous methods
· Support for Lazarus and Delphi versions older than XE2 is discontinued due to the new language features
· Significantly improved threading model
· Improved integration with the OpenWire Editor