dotConnect for SQL Server Standard is an enhanced data provider for SQL Server that will allow you to build on the ADO.NET technology to present a complete solution for developing SQL Server-based database applications
As part of the Core Lab database application development framework, dotConnect for SQL Server Standard offers both high performance native connectivity to SQL Server and a number of innovative development tools and technologies.
dotConnect for SQL Server Standard introduces new approaches for designing application architecture, boosts productivity, and leverages database application implementation.
Wide Coverage of SQL Server Features
By providing access to the most advanced database functionality, SQLDirect .NET allows developers to harness the full capabilities of the SQL Server and optimize their database applications. SQLDirect .NET stands out as the set of components with the widest support of SQL Server functionality.
The goal of dotConnect for SQL Server Standard is to enable developers to write efficient and flexible database applications. The dotConnect for SQL Server Standard assemblies are implemented using optimized code and advanced data access algorithms. Components undergo comprehensive performance tests and are designed to help you write thin and efficient product data access layers.
Database Application Development Extensions
dotConnect for SQL Server Standard has rich set of design time tools that leverage the development process greatly. Particularly, there are convenient design time component editors, wizards and managers for typed SQL Server-specific components, toolset for live data binding, cross-form components cooperation, and much more. SQLDirect .NET integrates tightly with Visual Studio 2005 and Delphi.
Both Connected and Disconnected Models
dotConnect for SQL Server Standard combines connected and disconnected data access models in single SqlDataTable component, which allows you to design more flexible application architecture and use full power of data binding.
Comprehensive Support for ADO.NET Technology Features
dotConnect for SQL Server Standard supports new ADO.NET features and technologies as soon as they are released. This includes base-class-based provider model, provider factories, connection string builder, metadata schemas, asynchronous commands, pooling enhancements, batch update support, provider-specific types, server enumeration, database change notification support and so on. dotConnect for SQL Server Standard will continue supporting the newest standards and innovations the .NET Framework.
Here are some key features of "dotConnect for SQL Server Standard":
· Direct access to SQL Server within 100% managed code
· High performance
· Operates in both connected and disconnected models
· Powerful SqlDataTable component as all-in-one table data access solution
· Auxiliary components for SQL scripts and bulk data transfer
· Extra data binding capabilities
· Cross-form components cooperation
· Ability of monitoring query execution
· Easy to deploy
· Supports the latest versions of SQL Server
· All SQL Server data types support
· Licensed royalty-free per developer, per team, or per site
· Native data types classes and structures
· SqlScript class
· Design-time features, including component editors and property editors
· Advanced Visual Studio .NET 2005 integration (Server Explorer and other features)
· Migration Wizard
· SqlMonitor class
· SqlDataSet class
· SqlDataTable class
· SqlLoader class
· DataLink class
· ASP.NET 2.0 providers support
· DataSet Manager and Editor
· DataSet Wizard
· DBMonitor support
· .NET Framework 2.0
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The bug with throwing an exception during installation when the DbProviderFactories section is missing in the machine.config file is fixed