Advanced Delphi ZIP component. No DLLs, Unicode, SFX, Zip64, AES Encryption
ZipForge is an advanced Delphi ZIP component, written completely in Delphi. It doesn't require any DLLs. ZipForge features include SFX archives support, repair, encryption, unicode filenames support, Zip64, string AES encryption splitting and multi-spanning support. Full source code is available.
ZipForge includes our new unique technology, a transaction system. ZipForge will help you quickly and easily update archive files providing data integrity like a reliable database system.
NOTE: Free for personal use.
Here are some key features of "ZipForge":
Zip format support:
· Zip64 support (allows user to create files over 4GB) Standard Zip encryption
· Strong AES encryption with 128, 192 and 256 bit keys
· Long file names support
· Unicode filenames support
· Get and set archive and file comments
· 9 compression levels, allows user set individual compression level for each file
· Allows use to set individual password for each file
· Extracts files from spanned (multi-volume) zip archives
· Opens and creates multi-volume archives
· Deflate, BZIP2 and PPMd compression algorithms support (compatible with WinZIP 10)
· .NET 2.0 and 1.1 support - both versions are included, compatible with .NET 3.5
· 100% Managed code without unsafe blocks
· Error handling through .NET exceptions
· works with Visual Studio 2003, 2005 and 2008
· Full design time support
· Fast compression algorithm implemenation
· Transaction system optimizing a group of archive modifications
· Fast archive updating
· Add files and folders by mask
· Rename files within archive
· Delete files from archive
· Update files
· Move files to archive (deleting original files)
· Test files
· Add streams and strings to archive
· Extract files to streams or buffers
· Create ZIP archive in streams
· Search files inside the archive
· Provides compression for files, buffers, streams and strings
· New files are added without creating a temp file
· Allows user to save full path of file with drive
· You can control the path information stored in the archive for each file or folder
· List contents of archive with complete file details (compression level, file attributes, zipped size, original size, compression rate and CRC)
· Progress indication with time estimation
· Create and open archive in streams (allows user to store an archive in a BLOB field or MemoryStream)
· Extract files to streams without creating temp files on disk
· Add files to archive from streams
· Progress indication with time estimation
· Cancel operations by user
· Change path, name or attributes of extracted file
· Change path, name or attributes of a file being added to archive
· Skip added or extracted files
· Repairs zip files
· Opens corrupted zip files
· Transaction system (allows user to cancel update if needed)
· In-memory archives
· Extracts files to buffers and strings
· Adds files from buffers and strings
· Creates SFX (self-extracting) archives
· Allows you to create custom self-extractor
· Converts existing ZIP files into SFX archives
· Allows you to modify SFX archives
· Allows you to embed a ZIP archive into your exe
ZipForge.NET includes 8 demos in C#, VB.NET and Delphi.NET:
· Basic - shows how to zip and extract files using ZipForge.NET
· Advanced - shows how to manage archive file
· MakeSFX - shows how to create self-extracting (SFX) archive
· SFXStub - shows how create a custom self-extractor
· Spanning - shows how to create and extract spanning and splitting archives
· Transactions - shows how to update archive in transaction and cancel update if an error occurred
· Search and List Contents - shows how to search files inside archive and list the details of each file
· Streams - shows how to create an archive in MemoryStream and add/extract files from MemoryStream
· NET Framework
· Microsoft Visual Studio
· Borland Developer Studio
· Turbo Delphi for .NET Professional
· Turbo C# for .NET Professional
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· ExtractFiles method speed is significantly increased when exact file name is passed as a parameter.
· Options.OverwriteMode is now applied in MergeWith command.
· Warnings on compiling source code in D2009, D2010 were fixed.
· AddFromStream and AddFromBuffer bug with setting zero datetime for added files is fixed.
· Bug with invalid setting AES encryption when password is balnk is fixed.
· Bug with cancel in OnOverallProgress while creating splitted archive is fixed.
· Memory leak with AddFromStream call when overwriting existing file is fixed.
· Error on opening zip created with Zip64Mode=zmAlways is fixed.
· Bug with not requesting password for some files encrypted by zip-classic algorithm is fixed.