argparse4j was designed as an accessible command line argument parser library for Java. The library is based on Python's argparse.
Now you can make use of this handy and accessible library to further improve your development process.
Here are some key features of "argparse4j":
· Customizable option prefix characters, e.g. '--foo', '+f' and '/h'.
· Supported positional arguments and optional arguments.
· Variable number of arguments.
· Generates well formatted line-wrapped help message.
· Takes into account East Asian Width ambiguous characters when line-wrap.
· Sub-commands like, git add.
· Print default values in help message.
· Choice from given collection of values.
· Type conversion from option strings.
· Can directly assign values into user defined classes using annotation.
· Group arguments so that it will be printed in help message in more readable way.
· Read additional arguments from file
· Print candidates for unrecognized flags/commands.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Throw "invalid choice" error when matching empty string for subcommand
· Added method to verify that a file argument can be created.