dotConnect for PostgreSQL, is an enhanced data provider for PostgreSQL that builds on ADO.NET technology to present a complete solution for developing PostgreSQL-based database applications.
As part of the Devart database application development framework, dotConnect for PostgreSQL offers both high performance native connectivity to the PostgreSQL database and a number of innovative development tools and technologies.
dotConnect for PostgreSQL introduces new approaches for designing application architecture, boosts productivity, and leverages database application implementation.
dotConnect for PostgreSQL Express will allow users to build fast and lightweight applications working with PostgreSQL.
Here are some key features of "dotConnect for PostgreSQL Express":
· Direct access to PostgreSQL server
· 100% managed code
· High performance
· Easy to deploy
· Supports the latest versions of PostgreSQL server
· All PostgreSQL data types support
· .NET Compact Framework support
· Entity Framework support
· LINQ to PostgreSQL support
· ASP.NET Provider Model support
· Operates in both connected and disconnected models
· Powerful PgSqlDataTable component as all-in-one table data access solution
· Auxiliary components for SQL scripts and bulk data transfer
· Extra data binding capabilities
· Cross-form components cooperation
· Ability of monitoring query execution
· NET Framework 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, and 4.0
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The bug with throwing an exception during installation when the DbProviderFactories section is missing in the machine.config file is fixed
LinqConnect (formerly known as LINQ to PostgreSQL):
· The bug with the nullable properties in composite foreign keys is fixed
· Devart.Data.Linq.Binary type is added to the "Type Mapping Rule Editor" (LinqConnect models)
· The behaviour is changed: auto-implemented properties are generated when DbContext template is used with ImplementINotifyPropertyChanged=False and ImplementINotifyPropertyChanging=False (Entity Framework models)
· The bug with referencing a custom assembly in T4 template is fixed
· The bug with processing non-latin symbols in the names of objects is fixed (Entity Framework models)
· The bug with a synchronization when adding new properties to the base abstract class in Table Per Hierarchy inheritance is fixed (Entity Framework models)
· The bug with parsing *.edmx which includes the class with a...