Charles is a handy and reliable utility designed to enable you to analyze the HTTP / SSL traffic between your machine and the Internet.
Charles allows you to view requests, cookies, responses, headers and various other types of web content. By recording the Internet traffic that goes on your computer, it enables you to monitor the sent and received data.
Here are some key features of "Charles":
· Bandwidth Throttling to simulate slower Internet connections including latency
· SSL Proxying – view SSL requests and responses in plain text
· AJAX debugging – view XML and JSON requests and responses as a tree or as text
· AMF – view the contents of Flash Remoting / Flex Remoting messages as a tree
· Edit requests to test different inputs
· Repeat requests to test back-end changes
· Breakpoints to intercept and edit requests or responses
· Validate recorded HTML, CSS and RSS/atom responses using the W3C validator
· Java (also included in the installer)
· 30 days trial
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
Major new features and improvements:
· Charles now bundles Java
· Keep-alive status for each request is now reported, so you can see whether a request was part of a kept-alive channel
· Protocol Buffer support, see the documentation.
· ACL warning no longer blocks all traffic
· Comparing transactions sometimes resulted in incorrectly repeated content
· Reverse proxy now correctly sets the Host header in the case of default ports
· Other minor bug fixes and improvements