| User Rating:
Softpedia Editor's Review for VB Decompiler Lite
Decompiler of Visual Basic programs. Decompiling forms, p-code, native code rapidly in order to provide the perfect environment for debugging
Written by Andreea Matei on June 14th, 2013
VB Decompiler Lite is a Visual Basic decompiler and .NET disassembler aimed at analyzing code at fast speed. It includes a powerful engine that decodes instructions to possible Visual Basic commands, allowing you to reconstruct your projects.
There are many situations that require the use of such a tool, ranging from misplaced source code to attempts of improving the performance of your code. No matter the circumstances, you can rest assured that you’ll find great assistance in VB Decompiler Lite, a tool especially built for developers in need of a strong disassembler.
VB Decompiler Lite is able to handle EXE, DLL and OCX files built with Visual Basic 5 and 6, as well as projects compiled in .NET technology. Please note that the decompilation process can be performed on x32 machines only, even though the application runs on x64 versions.
As soon as you add a file (using the dedicated menu or by drag and drop), VB Decompiler Lite instantly analyzes the code and displays it in a tree-view before you know it. You can view the code, but you cannot edit it on spot; an alternative is to export it and then modify it.
Export options include saving the procedure list, saving all the code in one module or the decompiled project only. Other highlights include an advanced search string feature, the possibility to patch data or to obfuscate the project.
The functionality of the application is extended by the built-in plugins that allow you to create a MAP file, to show references or to set the decompiler priority.
On an ending note, VB Decompiler Lite can make the day of any programmer, by offering advanced features to disassemble, analyze and export code in an attempt to recover old projects that you lost the source code to.
VB Decompiler Lite description
Here are some key features of "VB Decompiler Lite":
- Decompiling forms and usercontrols object files
- P-code decompiling
- Disassembling native code procedures
- Syntax coloring in decompiled code
- String reference list and search engine
- Fast decompiling speed
- Intel/AMD processor 1.8Ghz or higher
- 256Mb of free RAM
- Some features are disabled: P-Code decompiling, view API function references and view string data references
- Support for the x64 .NET applications (managed code only)
- All translations is true unicode now
- Correctly show unicode chars in name of form, module, function, code, etc
- Unicode editing of String References
- All internal code and structures is rewriten to unicode now
- New functions for String References (access from the popup menu):
- copy to clipboard and open in a HEX Editor
- Deleted right edge line at the code listing
- ProgressBar in Windows 7/8 taskbar
- Increased string referencess processing speed
- Filtering empty lines of code
- File opening and compiler checking optimized
- Increasing speed of the parsing methods (VB5/6)
- Refactoring and optimizations
- Search strings without a case sensitive
- After opening database and if file for the decompilation is not found,
- VB Decompiler trying to search file in a folder with database
- Processing single vbCr and vbLf (P-Code)
- Show partially recovered DataReport, DataEnvironment, DHTMLPage designers (dsr)
- PropertyPages (pag) and UserDocuments (dob)