Source Edit is an editor that can support programming languages but it can ve used as a regular text editor.
It is a free award winning text editor especially made for developers. It doesn't matter what language you develop in, Source Edit is the tool to use.
This software can easily support the following code types:
ASP, PHP, Java, Visual Basic, C/C++, C#, Pascal, Per, Cold Fusion, HTML, CSS, SQL, XML.
Source Edit quickly and seamlessly colors all code written in any of these languages. Do you miss a language? You can also create a new one yourself using the Language Editor.
Here are some key features of "Source Edit":
· You can also add any custom tool to Source Edit tools menu and toolbar. This is usefull for example when you want to compile your code. This feature also supports capturing of any output from the application you call. This output may be shown in the Output Window.
· If your compiler supports EMAC-style output
· Source Edit will also highlight the line in the editor where any errors or warnings has occured in the code when you click on the message in the Output Window.
· Quick and easy color mixer for web developers.
· Source Edit supports any number of bookmarks in your code or document. Simply add a bookmark and you can then return to that part of the text with the click of a button. This is very handy when you're working with large documents.
· Source Edit is highly customizable. You can change or set keyboard shortcut to all commands available. You can change how code is colorized. You can also set the "file mapping". By file mapping you associate different file types to different languages. So when you open or save a file with a *.cpp extention, for example, Source Edit will immediately use the C/C++ color coding. You are also able to change what files are shown in the Open and Save As dialog boxes.
· With the new Projects menu (new in version 1.2) you can add different Workspaces. You can add several files to one Workspace and by opening that Workspace all files will be opened at the same time.
Search and Replace in Files:
· Source Edit reports in which file/files the search for text exists and on which line. You may then open the file and Source Edit will jump to the correct line.
· Add/remove comments to a block of code with the click of a button
· Highlights the current line
· Show line numbers
· Allows column selection (by holding down the ALT key while dragging the mouse over the text)
· Unlimited undo and redo commands
· Quick file opening using the Files Window
· Show a file in the default browser with the click of a button
· Window splitter. Show one file in up to 4 different frames
· Is able to show whitespaces
· Find and replace with the ability to find and select all occurrences of a searched text