Altova DiffDog is the dedicated differencing program created for developers and power users. This easy-to-use synchronization tool quickly compares and merges text or source code files, directories, databases, and XML Schemas via its intuitive visual interface.
DiffDog provides advanced XML-aware differencing and editing capabilities based on those in Altova XMLSpy, and integrates with any version control system that supports external differencing applications. For optimal efficiency, you can edit content directly within its differencing display, merge changes, and instantly re-compare. Intelligent syntax-coloring, line numbering, indentation guides, and other innovative features assist in comparing source-code and XML files.
DiffDog tells you when XML files are semantically equal even if they are not identical in a text-based comparison. Its XML differencing capabilities include DTD/schema-based validation, well-formedness checking, intelligent entry helpers, optional entity resolution, and more. DiffDog intelligently compares directories, applying special comparison rules based on each file type, and opens and edits file pairs directly from a directory comparison.
DiffDog even inspects Zip archives and compares contents based on the original file types. You can selectively move files into target directories or sync entire directories in a single step. DiffDog lets you compare and merge database structures or table contents, whether they are the same database type or different databases.
After comparing XML Schemas, DiffDog can generate an XSLT file or a MapForce mapping to convert XML data from one schema to the other. With all this functionality, you can reconcile source code, XML files, binary file versions, databases, and XML Schemas with one tool . Let DiffDog 2011 Enterprise Edition track down the differences in your development and database projects.
Here are some key features of "Altova DiffDog Enterprise Edition":
· Compare text files
· Merge file differences
· Compare XML files
· Compare folders and directories
· Compare and merge Microsoft Word® documents in word processor view
· Compare and merge Office 2007 (and higher) OOXML files
· Compare files inside ZIP archive pairs
· Supports file and folder comparison with FTP and HTTP servers
· Integrate with Windows Explorer to conveniently launch a new comparison
· Compare XML Schemas and create XSLT transformations for XML data files
· Database schema differencing with merge options
· Compare and merge database tables
· Save database comparison files for quick reload
· Set XML differencing options
· Copy directories and sub-folders in one step
· Examine XML files in Grid View
· Generate Unix diff-style reports
· Faster comparisons on multi-core workstations
· Pentium III processor
· 800 MHz recommended
· 64MB RAM
· 50MB available on hard-disk
· 30-day trial
· Registration required
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Print results of directory comparisons
· Significant performance improvements