Automated Build Studio is a tool that is used to create macros. A macro includes a sequence of operations to be executed as well as variables and constants that can be used by operations. A macro is an analogue of a project in development to o or Borland Delphi. You can save and load macros into Automated Build Studio, insert one macro into another, run macros, debug them, check the results and perform other actions.
Automated Build Studio is a powerful build and release management system that will provide an easy way to automate the software development build, test and release processes. Its intuitive interface and unprecedented flexibility allows even inexperienced users to create complex visual macros which can automate repetitive or day-to-day tasks with the single click of a button.
Macro runs can be scheduled for automatic execution with the built-in Task Scheduler. This makes Automated Build Studio the ultimate solution to create reliable automatic daily builds of your software. Automated Build Studio lets you automate each step of the build process: from retrieving files from a version control system, to building installation packages, running automated tests and deploying the latest release of your software projects.
Automated Build Studio is tightly integrated with other AutomatedQA products - AQtime, TestComplete and AQdevTeam. This allows you to not only automate your builds, but in fact automate the entire quality assurance and release processes adopted by your organization.
Automation of builds, test runs, memory leak and performance bottleneck searches, creation of bug reports, and finally, releases and deployment can all be accomplished using Automated Build Studio.
Even though the product name includes the word "build", you can use Automated Build Studio to automate any common or everyday tasks in your organization.
Here are some key features of "Automated Build Studio":
· Macro libraries
· Operation dependencies
· Improved support for virtual machines
· Local variables
· Remote macro execution under interactive desktop
· Support for CodeGear RAD Studio 2009
· Secure connections to E-mail, news and FTP servers
· Compile applications
· Create installation packages
· Perform automated builds as scheduled tasks
· Get and put files from/into version control systems
· Label sources in version control systems
· Compile help files
· Create, modify and delete registry keys and INI file settings
· Copy and move files to a location (network drive, Web site, FTP server, etc.)
· Extract and pack files from/to archives
· Run automated test scripts and profilers
· Post bug reports to issue-tracking systems
· Send and receive e-mail, ICQ, MSN and newsgroup notifications
· Burn CDs and DVDs
· Register COM and .NET components
· Perform scripting operations in any of 3 scripting languages (VBScript, JScript or DelphiScript)
· Intel Pentium II 450 MHz or higher.
· Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 or later.
· Microsoft Internet Information Services ver. 6.0 or later.
· Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or later.
· 128 MB of RAM.
· 100 MB hard disk space.
· VGA (640 × 480) or higher resolution monitor.
· Mouse or other pointing device.
· 30 days trial
· 100 operations per macro limit
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Operations of the VMware Server category now support VMware Server version 2.0.
· The Advanced Installer operation can now work with those versions of Advanced Installer that support builds (configurations). The operation has a new Build name property in which you can specify the configuration that will be used to create an installation package.
· The new TestComplete 7 Task element allows you to run TestComplete 7 tests from MSBuild projects.
· If you have not registered Automated Build Studio after you installed it, then Automated Macro Player will display the Registration Form.
· The Execute Macro and Run Library Submacro operations log messages faster.
· Automated Build Studio now opens and saves macros faster.
· A number of bugs have been fixed.