Citrus Perl was developed as an accessible and useful binary distribution of Perl.
Citrus Perl is a package that comes with pre-built modules for wxPerl built against both the wxWidgets stable branch and development branch.
The tool comes with other modules such as GD, DBD::Pg, DBD::mysql or Tk for users that want to move their Tk code Wx. Furthermore the software can be easily expanded by developers.
· MinGW GCC
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The distribution now has a working updates system so this should be the last full Perl 5.16.1 release.
· Additions and bug fixes can now work using the update system.
· The additional modules build into Citrus Perl have now been grouped into packages that can be removed or updated using the the Citrus Package Management features.
· In addition to supporting updates, this system removes the need for separate distributions of Citrus Perl for the different wxWidgets builds; 2.8.x and 2.9.x. On platforms that support both versions of wxWidgets, you can now swap the 2.8.x and 2.9.x builds as often as you wish. A 'Wx Bundle Package' is provided for each version of wxWidgets that will install all the required packages for your requested wxWidgets version and remove all conflicting packages.
· The versions of Wx and related modules are, of course, the latest from CPAN.
· The package system also provides the option to remove unwanted packages if you are re-packaging your own distribution. An option t...