GXDeviceEditor is an application designed to help you generate a specific profile of the parameters and protocol of any existing physical device. It also offers you the possibility to create user interfaces for a certain profile.
The device profile then enables other Gurux software to collect information from the physical device and control it. With GXDevice Editor you easily create and modify device profiles and their user interfaces for Gurux GXDirector.
Device profile is a template that contains protocols, settings and messages understood by the device. New device types can be used immediately, without any upgrading. You can create several different templates of the same device, according to the needs of different users.
Make, for example, two versions; one for only reading values and another, that can also write them back to the device after editing. You need no programming skills, everything is done with an easy to use user interface. GXDevice Editor is perfect for companies that need device control software that can be rapidly implemented.
Device manufacturers as well as production plants benefit from using GXDevice Editor. The devices can be anything from small embedded systems to large production machinery. Add new device types with no programming skills needed. Supply different versions of the same device, according to needs of different users.
Provide new templates to your customers fluently in electronic format, when needed, without software updates. The one and same software for production, quality control, customer environment and product development.
Here are some key features of "GXDeviceEditor Community Edition":
· New device types can be added without programming skills.
· You can supply different versions of the same device, according to needs of different customers.
· You can provide new templates to your customers fluently in electronic format, when needed, without software updates.
· Same software can be used in production, customer environment and product development.
· As the product development becomes faster and easier, savings are achieved.
· You can customize control software yourself, or have it done as subcontract.
· .Net Framework 2.0
· 1 GHz processor
· 1 GB memory
· 300 MB free hard disk space
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Cannot create a new DLMS device - resolved.
· Setting media to Serial fails - GXDeviceEditor - resolved.