IDA-STEP is a framework for software components around the international STEP standard ISO 10303 for the exchange and integration of industrial product data. Today all major mechanical CAD systems are supporting exchange of STEP files (.stp) for 3D and assembly and this data can be displayed by the free basic Viewer component of IDA-STEP.
Moreover, the viewer can display details of printed circuit boards (PCA), electrical connectivity and all kinds of PDM and PLM information.
The underlying data model of IDA-STEP is XIM, the eXtended Integrated Model. It is directly based on the STEP application modules ISO 10303-1xxx and provides explicit support for the STEP Application Protocols:
· ISO 10303-203 Configuration controlled 3D designs of mechanical parts and assemblies (AP203);
· ISO 10303-210 Electronic assembly, interconnect and packaging design (AP210);
· ISO 10303-214 Core data for automotive mechanical design processes (AP214);
· ISO 10303-236 Furniture product data and project data (AP236);
· ISO 10303-239 Product life cycle support (AP239); as well as basic support for most other APs.
The 3D Viewer Pro component extends the functionality of the free Basic Viewer for 3D data caching resulting in significant increased speed, measurement, printing, and custom configuration. Other components allow editing of PDM data, importing and exporting of PDM data as comma separted value files (CSV), importing from Printed Circuit Board CAD Systems, 2D to 3D extrusion, VRML export and more.
IDA-STEP is the only available software system with such a broad capability. This is only possible by close cooperation with the standardization committee ISO TC184/SC4.
LKSoft decided to provide free viewing capabilities for all supported details in IDA-STEP and to charge only for extended capabilities. In addition all data created by IDA-STEP in the form of XIM files can be further processed by the free open source toolkit JSDAI.
· 2 GB RAM
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Supporting electronic and mechanical STEP files in only one application