IDLE Extensions for Python
It is accessible to those beginning programming in addition to being useful to advanced programmers.
IdleX provides some additional functionality to IDLE and transforms it into a more useful tool for academic research and development as well as exploratory programming.
- Terminal-like behavior for Shell. Cursor stays in prompt and up/down arrow keys navigate the command history.
- Matplotlib support for interactive figures when using the subprocess.
- Interactive GUI development for Tkinter, GTK, Qt, Qt4, PySide, wxPython
- Tabbed editor windows with drag'n'drop reordering.
- SubCodes, similar to MATLAB cell mode and Sagemath cells, for quick code prototyping without restarting the shell.
- Execute highlighted code or a single line from the editor.
- Persistent history of Shell commands across sessions.
- Integrated reindent.py support.
- Improved code navigation with Code Browser.
- Cython editing and execution support.
- Horizontal scroll bar for the editor.
- Line numbers for the editor.
- Clear Shell Window without restarting.
- Simple interface for enabling/disabling extensions.
- SearchBar, Squeezer, and IDLE2HTML included.
- Intelligent Paste from Shell. (remove >>> prompts)
- Highlight tabs (\t) in editor to help fix tab/space issues.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 0.7
- MultiLineRun.py (NEW):
- Allows pasting of many statements into the shell for execution.
- DocViewer.py (NEW):