Apache JMeter may be used to test performance both on static and dynamic resources (files, Servlets, Perl scripts, Java Objects, Data Bases and Queries, FTP Servers and more).
It can be used to simulate a heavy load on a server, network or object to test its strength or to analyze overall performance under different load types. You can use it to make a graphical analysis of performance or to test your server/script/object behavior under heavy concurrent load.
Apache JMeter is a handy and reliable desktop application designed to load test functional behaviour and measure performance.
Here are some key features of "Apache JMeter":
· Full multithreading framework allows concurrent sampling by many threads and simultaneous sampling of different functions by separate thread groups.
· Careful GUI design allows faster operation and more precise timings.
· Caching and offline analysis/replaying of test results.
· Pluggable Samplers allow unlimited testing capabilities.
· Several load statistics may be choosen with pluggable timers .
· Data analysis and visualization plugins allow great extensibility as well as personalization.
· Functions can be used to provide dynamic input to a test or provide data manipulation.
· Java 1.5 or later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· A new Extractor that uses CSS or jquery-like selector syntax has been introduced, it allows using either JODD or JSOUP implementations
· JMeter can now handle different types of documents (PDF, MsOffice files, Apache OpenOffice's files...) within different elements
· A new Regex User Parameters Pre-Processor that enables injecting input parameter names and values using a reference extracted by Regular Expression Extractor from a previous response
· TCP Sampler has been enhanced with new options to allow setting Close Connection , SO_LINGER and End of line(EOL) byte value
· n __escapeOroRegexpChars(,) has been introduced quote ORO regexp meta characters
· ForEach Controller has now 2 new fields to control start and end of loop
· Result Status Action Handler now has a new option to "Start next thread loop"
· JMS Publisher can now send Bytes Messages
· Memory and performance improvements: significant improvements have been done in this version on memory usage per Thread and CPU when ...