Jar2Exe is a tool to generate exe file from jar file. Furthermore, you can rely on this application to generate executable files that can be run both on Windows and Linux.
Jar2Exe has 2 modes to run: it can run as a Wizard Window, or it can also run as a Command Line Tool.
Here are some key features of "Portable Jar to Exe":
Generated Exe Configurable:
· Generated exe files for Linux use the same syntax to be configured as exe files for Windows.
Run as Service:
· At the OS level, Service on Linux is much different from Service on Windows. Jar2Exe has provided a same concept to java programmer. So you can write Service type of programs for Linux in the same way as Windows by the help of Jar2Exe.
· Generated exe files for Windows and Linux use the same way to protect class files, and they provide the same way to get protected resources.
· Generated exe fils for Windows and Linux use the same way to pack depended jars into exe files.
· Intel Pentium or AMD processor, 1 GHz
· 256M of RAM
· Nag screen
· 15 days trial period
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Load/Save all configurations from/to a project file(.j2e|.bat).
· Jar2Exe Project file (.j2e) is associated with Jar2Exe, open Jar2Exe by double click (.j2e) file.
· External config can be disabled by internal config.
· Maxjre: Check jre version not higher than specified version.
· Customize the window title string for splash window.
· XP manifest
· Authorize switch, authorize or not generated exe file as product.
· Customize error messages such as: JRE not found.
· Find JRE from registry: to use 'JavaHome' if 'RuntimeLib' not found.
· Generated service program supports to add arguments like "/install auto arg1 arg2".
· Supports to "Config Internal" at Step 6 and "External" at Step 7.