MetaReport Developer Kit description
Uses multiple data sources of various formats (Access, dBase, Paradox, MS SQL, Oracle, InterBase and others) to create reports
Since most companies use different databases (Access for office, SQL for web and Oracle for inventory tracking, for example), the usefulness of this software is apparent to any person who worked in the database management field. First, the program uses ADO and BDE to build reports, but does not requires having BDE installed.
Second, the program can be used inside third-party applications by using a built-in ActiveX object. Third, various data parameters can be specified without having to alter the report itself. And last, user can choose from several popular report formats - from simple TXT or CSV to WMF, XLS, HTML, RTF, PDF.
MetaReport is a report building tool that can use multiple data sources of various formats (Access, dBase, Paradox, MS SQL, Oracle, InterBase and others) to create reports.
MetaReport Developer Kit includes MetaReport, a powerful report designer, and MetaReportRuntime, a redistributable runtime module. Software developers can include MetaReportRuntime into own projects as a report module.
MetaReportRuntime uses the same report engine as MetaReport and serves for launching existing database reports. Installation copy contain examples on VB and Delphi. All in all, MetaReport is a budget solution that is a fortunate combination of straightforwardness, added value and functionality.
Here are some key features of "MetaReport Developer Kit":
· Data access.
· while accessing data, MetaReport uses the ADO (ActiveX Data Objects) and BDE (Borland Database Engine) technologies. If BDE is not installed MetaReport can access the database using only ADO.
· Powerful designer tool
· allows you creating complicated reports those can meet almost everyone's requirements.
· The report parameters dialog box
· lets you specify various parameters of data retrieval without modifying the report itself. To create a dialog box, MetaReport use visual constructor that is built in.
· Saving results in different formats
· metaReport supports exporting to the following file formats: TXT, WMF, XLS, HTML, RTF, PDF, CSV (comma-separated text).
· Owing to the built-in ActiveX object
· one can easily use MetaReport in applications created in any development environment. At the same time, MetaReport works with your application as a whole.
· Report designer
· protects completed report projects from the damage caused by an inexperienced user.
· developers can include MetaReportRuntime into their own as the report module.
· 45 days trial period