MyJSQLView provides an easy to use Java based interface for viewing, adding, editing, or deleting entries in a HSQL, MySQL, Oracle, or PostgreSQL database.
All user tables and basic data type fields are available for access in the selected database. MyJSQLView only needs two other pieces of code, the Java Runtime Environment, and a Java Database Connectivity driver. The JDBC provides the interface between the Java SQL statements, and the database.
The JDBC driver for MySQL is called Connector/J, for Oracle just JDBC, and PostgreSQL JDBC3. The HSQL database has an integrated JDBC that is part of the application. The Connection Manager for MyJSQLView has been given default entries to help the user select the proper configuration for the desired database access.
The capability to connect to other databases has been fully build into the core architecture. The application has been purposely built to provide data access and is not a database management tool. All users including small to medium size businesses will find setup and using the tool to be simple and straight forward.
MyJSQLView once installed can provide a much quicker access/update to a database than a web based interface frontend and MyJSQLView supports transaction locking. If you want to quickly access a local or server based database for viewing, editing, and searching MyJSQLView provides an alternative that is simple and easy to use.
Here are some key features of "MyJSQLView":
· Plugin Framework.
· Internationalization Support.
· User Connection Preferences Saving/Managing.
· User Preferences Summary Table Column Selection & Sizing.
· User Preferences Summary Table Row Sizing.
· Summary Table State Saving/Loading.
· Access to All User Tables in Database During Session.
· Viewing, Adding, Editing, and Deleting All Table Fields.
· Update Multiple Rows of Selected Table Field.
· Support for Table Field Function Operations.
· Supports All Basic Data Types, Including Blob/Bytea/Binary.
· Data Type Checking During Adding or Updates.
· Support for All Table Types, Including Transaction Locking.
· Support for Flushing Privileges for User root on mysql database.
· Printing of Summary Table Data, Screen View.
· Export of CSV Summary or Complete Table Data.
· Export of SQL Summary or Complete Table Structure/Data.
· Export of SQL Current Open Database/Scheme.
· Import of SQL Statement File.
· Import of CSV data File Into Selected Database Table via Insert/Update.
· Query Frame for Building Complex Select SQL Statements.
· Search Frame for Running Generic LIKE Queries on All Tables in Database.
· Simple Easy to Use Interface.
· Simple and Advanced Table Sorting and Searching.
· Pentium/AMD 350Mhz based PC or compatible
· Minimum 64 Megabytes of RAM
· Less Than 20 Megabytes of hard disk space
· MySQL Connector/J, JDBC3 or JDBC driver
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Apache Derby Database Support. Additional Connection Properties Input Via Database Entry Login Form. Query Frame UI Changes. HeatMapper Plugin Enhancements.